Leak rain 92 Accord Coupe

OK All, still chasing leaks.

Now I have a leak that comes down the trim panel just ahead of the passenger door. I took out the glove box and still cannot guess where it is from.

I have traced it as far up as the nylon arm on the air distribution thingamabob. (the arm moves back and forth when you switch between closed circ and open circ.)

Yesterday I removed the black trim piece under the wiper arms. I do not see a place where it couldfd be coming in at the base of the windshield. That all looks well sealed. I applied silicone sealant to any thing that looked even remotely like it might leak. But today it rained and it is still leaking.

I have covered the entire roof seam on the pass. side with silicon. I have also siliconed the entire windshield surround..all with no change in leakage.

Anyone solved this one before?

Norman.

-----------------------------------

Hundreds of Gen 1 CR-V owners have solved it . . Maybe yours is the same? Use the diagrams at

and see if your trouble is rain dripping through the heater, from the windshield cowl.
'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"...." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

Yep. The Civic/Integra around those years has the same problem.

The issue is caused by the fastener boots under the leaf grate.

You have to remove the windshield wiper arms, then the plastic leaf grate (also called a "cowl" from under the hood. Once you have that off, you'll notice another piece that has plastic clips holding it to a metal flange at the base of the windshield. These clips are seated in rubber "condoms", which get old and crack. Once they do, water pours in.

There is also a foam strip at the base of the flange. This shrinks and crumbles, leading to more leaks.

I can't find a diagram of these parts online, otherwise I'd point you to them.

Reply to
TeGGeR®