Need some help once again

Page 2 of 2
good call, haven't thought to check the pcv valve yet. will check that in the a.m.
kudos to the first one that can help me find a zc engine that can bolt
up to an auto tranny ( or at least help me figure out how to set it in an auto tranny)
i'm looking at a lot of jdm sites that are out of d15b7's and d16z6's (zc?)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

check the bolt pattern, but i've seen it done. as long as the torque plate goes on, the transmission goes on. compare d16a6 with your d15b7 output bolt counts. do you have the honda workshop manual for your vehicle? i have the 88-91 so we can compare notes.

so call anyway. if worst comes the worst, get one from a domestic junkyard. there are plenty out there.
ever heard of these guys?
http://www.tigerautoparts.com/autoparts.php?category3&query%7
i would love to get a jdm if i can. most ones in the lot around here are around 125k. it would be like starting over with a clean slate!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

don't have direct experience of suppliers - my honda engines are original. [but i've seen a lot of them in junkyards, especially zc's here in ca. because they can't be smogged in this state, people smog the car, swap the motors, run them for two years until the smog expires, then junk them. they seem to work great, and are generally in much better condition than the domestics because of low mileage.] but there have been a number of people on this group doing the jdm engine thing so google for their contributions.
scratch that. they managed to be in the better business bureau books in canada a being sorry. checked the pcv valve today, checked out ok.
think i found an engine about 4 hours away from me. waiting to hear back on mileage and if there were any previous problems with it. not sure why its taken apart tho.
take a look...http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/1202639282.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

i wouldn't touch that. the whole point of going jdm is that you get an engine that hasn't been f'ed about. one that's been disassembled, you don't have a clue. for instance, you're supposed to reassemble head bolts in the same location from which they came...
again, i wouldn't touch it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

have you done the simple stuff like check the pcv valve?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

complete waste of money. valves aren't sticking or they'd either be sticking open - measurable as zero compression - or making a clattering noise you could hear in rio. and valves themselves don't burn oil. even with no seals, oil consumption is minor.
don't need to change manifolds afaik. it's better if you do for performance, but i don't believe it's a prerequisite for bolt-on.