Our Accord 2.2cdti cuts out when driving

9 months ago our 2004 Accord 2.2 cdti would not start. There was no warning but the next day it started. It ran ok for a week or so and then would not start again. The management system said it was the high
pressure fuel sensor. This was changed and the car started but when we went to collect it it wouldnt start until the fault (same one) was cleared from the memory. It ran for another week or so and then cut out while it was being driven. Back to the main dealer who were baffled but in the end they reprogrammed the management system. It was fine for about 5 months and then one day it cut out again. This time it did start again and after we had started it 3 times the management light went out and it ran ok for another month or so and then cut out again. The memory shows the same fault as before and the garage havent got a clue what to do. Can anyone please help?
Thread archive:
Bonksmum wrote:

you need to find another dealer that is competent. seriously. any problem is fixable if someone with genuine interest that has the ability to use a scope or a meter is let loose on the job.
getting back to your car, if i had to take a wild guess, i'd say it sounds like an electrical problem. with a gasoline honda, one of the prime suspects is the main relay. when the main relay goes, it sets all kinds of seemingly unrelated codes. there's no reason why your diesel honda shouldn't be exactly the same. go to tegger.com, look up the relay fault symptoms, how to look for the faulty soldering, and how to fix. also see if the climate symptoms match yours.