Re: oil level reading - simple logic

someone raises a hood at a self serve gas station!
Imagine this...'cause nobody does it.
On 06/07/2010 12:23 PM, ACAR wrote:

"nobody does it"??? is that why gas stations sell oil and give you free wipes to do this stuff with?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Come on, Jim. If they sell oil it's hidden behind the chips, T-shirts and soda. At least half the time those wipe dispensers are empty. Other than guys driving obvious oil-burning beaters, nobody raises a hood at gas stations.
On 06/09/2010 06:49 PM, ACAR wrote:

ok, so you get people who never check their oil... doesn't mean it's not the place to do it though - if someone were to bother.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 06/09/10 21:49, ACAR wrote:

Most of which are self-serve, so ...
(I live in NJ, one of the few (only?) states where it's illegal to pump one's own gas)

From what I have seen, no one raises the hood at a gas station. I do -- but I do out of habit as and old motorcycle/sports cars enthusiast dating back to the 50s. Heck the 64 XKE I had back in the 60s would use around a quart every couple hundred miles or so-- and it held 10 qts as I recall. So, I carried my own oil. And, today everything is hidden under a wad of plastic shielding.
On 06/08/2010 03:48 AM, tww1491 wrote:

people still check under the hood at gas stations. they don't do it as often because cars are better and most people are in the habit of checking MUCH less frequently, but it's the place to do it.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Agree it is the right place.

On 06/08/10 09:36, jim beam wrote:

Agreed, but can't say how long it's been since I've seen anyone else raise the hood.
On 06/08/10 06:48, tww1491 wrote:

Are we discussing cars or condoms?