Re: Re: '98 Honda Accord Timing Belt

"WaterWatcher" wrote: > > : Can someone tell me what all should be done when this is > changed and a > > : approx. price? I have been quoted $449.00 - $700.00 from 5
> different > > Honda > > : dealers. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I have > no idea where > > to > > : go or if I am getting ripped off. I have been told that > this includes a > > : timing belt, balancer belt, water pump, coolant flush, 2 > ext. drive > > belts, > > : and 1 other belt and also something about engine seals. > Thanks for any > > : advice > > : > > If you do all this, consider having the thermostat replaced > at the same > > time, but HAVE THEM TEST IT BEFORE THEY INSTALL IT, so you > won't find out > > on > > the way home that they installed a defective one and you > have to take it > > back to have it redone, as once happened to me. Also, if > you're talking to > > dealers, it's probably a safe bet they'll use Honda coolant, > but it > > wouldn't > > hurt to ask, and insist on it. > > > My dealer did NOT use Honda coolant when changing my t-belt > last year. Used > recycled which he admitted did not meet Honda's specs. So, I > had them drain > it and put in the Honda stuff. Total job including belts, > water pump, and > oil seals was $540. > > WW
Iím having my 98 Accord done next week and was quoted anywhere from 585 to 675. I got a 15% discount from the dealer so Iíll actually get it for around $500. I guess thatís not too bad.
‚úĖ

Not bad at all for the confidence that OEM parts will be used and there will be at least a minimum level of competence. When repairs get into this range I prefer confidence over economy.
Mike
Add pictures here
‚úĖ