98-Accord timing belt

Hello again

I have a 98-Accord(76000miles) and want to know how often I have to change the timing belt. I hear noise from the belt sometimes when I start engine.

Reply to
SpiralKid

It's due now, based on TIME. This stuff is in your Owner's Manual. Dealer can sell you one if you didn't get one with the car.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

The noise you're hearing is probably from one of the other belts on the car such as the alternator, power steering, or AC belt. It's likely that one of these belts just needs to be tightened if it's squealing a little bit at start up. Check the condition of the belts (look for cracks or frayed edges) and make sure that they don't need to be replaced.

Eric

Reply to
Eric