Re: Tips for buying new Accord EX

www.edmunds.com and www.kbb.com to educate yourself on pricing.
Contact dealers via their web site and tell them what you want and wait for best price. Wait a few more days without responding to see if they come
down more.
Sell your tradein privately.

sell it privately and ask your dealer to do a convenience deal.I have done this a few times.That way there on paper yours is a trade-in,and the dealer sells it there on the spot to the buyer who you found,on a as-is basis.You save a lot on taxes that way.

Do you live in a small town? I cannot imagine any of the dealers in the Raleigh, NC area doing a convenience deal like that.

Keep the 01 Accord - that was the last normal looking sedan Honda build; new Accords and Civics are fugly! I had 00 Accord which I sold myself for asking price (above KBB) within few hours on inserting a free classified on internet. I doubt new Accords holds their value as good.