Reduce horn volume when locking with remote?

Does anyone know a way to reduce the volume of the horn that chirps when locking a 2005 Honda Odysey? First lock is silent, but horn on the second is too loud. It is very annoying and draws attention when
locking the car at night.
Todd Hunter wrote:

The solution is to press the lock button only once, as this should lock all the doors.
High Tech Misfit wrote:

That's quite true but has anyone else noticed (as I have with my 2006 Accord EX) that if you close the door and give the key fob a QUICK double press, if you get the horn toot it is substantially more quiet than if you walk away from the car, push the locking button, pause, then hit it a second time?
I suspect that the volume level Todd's looking for is that which I've described above. Not truly a "chirp" but damn close to it.
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 20:00:06 -0500

Could that be because in the first instance you are standing next to the car, and on the second instance, you are in front of it, where the horns are pointed?

There is no volume difference.
--
Joe

Joe LaVigne wrote:

No, it's because it IS softer in that instance - when I'm standing right next to the car vs. walking away BEHIND it several car lengths away<g>

Pardon me, it may be anecdotal only, but there IS a difference under the circumstances described above.
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:23:26 GMT

I guess I can't argue about your instance, but my 06 civic Si has no difference, nor does a friend's 06 Accord. Tested his today just to make sure nothing was different than I was spouting off... ;-)
--
Joe

I actually do the "quick double tap"all the time(07 Accord) Works about 75 % of the time for me. Kinda a little challenge(yawn):-)

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:22:40 -0700

So don't hit the button the second time. The locks and alarm activate on the first push of the button. Hitting it a second time gives the chirp for verification only.
--
Joe