remote locking question

'03 ES300 - 15k miles

I know some aspects of the locking sequence are adjustable by the dealer. Can't find out if this one is...

When locking by remote, all doors and trunk must be shut. That means when unloading from a shopping trip I must keep the keys out/available with hands full of bags and boxes. Can't open the trunk, punch the button and have the locks engage when all doors and trunk are closed.

A previous '95 (not Lexus) would allow me to open doors, push button, empty car, close doors and the security system would engage.

TIA for any information or suggestions

JS

Reply to
JCS

Put the bags down for a few moments .... - page 93 of the lexusforidiotsbook

Reply to
Mad Fan