Remote Central Locking

Volvo V70 T5 1998

Remote locking/alarming thingy not working as well as it did, have to get pretty close and doesn't always work straight away. Tried a new battery but no real improvement. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hodge

Reply to
hodge

When the remote for my wife's Honda acted up and then died, I traced the problem to a broken switch under the button. Fortunately, the dealer was able to cannibalize a switch from another defunct control, for much less than buying and programming a new remote.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes

Try stripping the blipper and cleaning the contacts?

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

Hi, I recently bought a W reg T5 every now and then the lock or unlock refuses to work, tried the battery, no difference, cleaned the battery contacts and increased the tension of the contacts, been O.K. since.

Brian

Reply to
brian