speedometer problem for my accord 94

Hi all,
I have a Honda Accord 94 w/ automatic transmission. Recently, the speedometer starts to jump around after continous driving for about 1 hour or so, while within the 1 hour time, it works well. I stop the car
and turn off the engin. If I start again just after stopping, the same problem continues. But if I wait for 1-2 hours until the car cools down, speedometer works well again.
I am not sure is it the problem of the VSS or speedometer unit? If it is the problem of VSS, autozone sells it for almost 100 bucks. But I searched ebay, it is asked for only ~30 bucks. Is there any difference?
Thanks for your help!
Liang
Sounds like the speedo is going bad. Had the same problem on my 94 Accord. It will get progressively worse until it stops working. Replacement is tricky as the instrument cluster has to come all the way out to replace the speedometer.
AmmonMan