thermostat sensor. mike help me with this one

i just got a new one put on like 2 months and i noticed it drips a little on the metal piece that hold the sensor... my question is is that serious or can it hold of for like 3-4 months,my coolant levels are great... we
are moving and cant afford it right now. but i am thinking its from when they changed it and when it gets hot its drips. thanks guys for all your help.... mike help me with this one

As long as the coolant levels hold up, you have better things to worry about.
Something to be on the watch for, though. Long trips can force enough coolant out of the leak to cause trouble. If the moving involves hours of driving, let the engine cool off every few hours so the system can suck coolant from the reservoir. A sit-down meal should do the trick. My troublesome Nissan had a leak that dripped about every five seconds when hot (corrosion of the head surface - a long story) and it would get too low after about two hours of driving. But if you don't see the drip - it just collects - you should be okay.
Mike
i think thats what i saw on the ground the other day, so what is the part that is dripping coolant and why does it leak??? like i said before its the piece that holds that the sensor connects to that is wet underneath,but its not soaking it drips. there was maybe a 50 cent piece of wetness under the car the other day and maybe a qusrter size from last night...we had my husbands friend look at it yesterday and he knows cars pretty good and he said its ok but i want a second opionion and it didnt drip at all when he was at work
rynniki wrote:

ultimately, it needs to be fixed. but right now, it doesn't matter. just make sure you keep an eye on the coolant level by looking in the radiator [when cool], not the expansion bottle.
so what is this part called that holds the sensor
rynniki wrote:

the sensor screws right into the head. are we talking about the same piece?

Can't you just remove it and apply a bit of plumber's Teflon tape? Should be a cheap fix. It's just screwed into place.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

sometimes, the plastic bit at the end of the sensor where the electrical tab is can show a leak if the whole sensor's shot. tape won't fix that.
the sensor is brand new...the piece where it connects to is damp and under that is where it feels wet... so i am thinking the gasket is going bad no smoke coming from exhaust levels are fine and green
rynniki wrote:

if you have the right size wrench, you can probably tighten it up and the leak will stop. if not, as before, you'll be ok with a minor leak until after you're settled in your new place.