Torn Weatherstripping- 07 Accord

07 Accord 4 door, V6 EX-L.
I've managed to damage the weatherstripping on the B pillar, driver's door. My thigh rubs against it when getting out and it's torn/worn about
4 inches of the rubber. The rest of it is fine.
Easy fix? Cut out bad section and glue in a new piece? Replace the entire weatherstripping? Can I do it myself or should I take it to dealer or trim shop?
On 07/25/2012 07:03 AM, Douglas C. Neidermeyer wrote:

if you want to buy a new one, replacing the strip yourself is easy enough to do yourself - it's just a press-in job. replacing bits will involve finding a suitable donor at a junkyard and unless you get real lucky and are super-meticulous, you'll leave small air gaps which will increase cabin noise.
re glue, there's a special loctite that's great for synthetic rubbers. can't remember the number but it comes in make-them-yourself o-ring kits. you'll find it online i'm sure.
--
fact check required