07 accord, rental fleet

short history..........20 yr. mechanic at rental fleet, first 10 yrs =

100% domestic, next 5 yrs. = 75% domestic, by 2007 = 50% domestic and first hondas in the fleet................out of 20 07' accords in 2 months, 5 have been to dealer for warranty repairs for electrical issues. is this pretty normal for honda? we have been running camry's and corolla's for 10 yrs. with no particular pattern in warranty repairs..i am not a smart ass here to ditz honda. i find them well engineered and very good driving machines........im simply wondering if the electrcal systems are 'soft'?..................kjun

5

Reply to
Kjun

Not mine, so far. Not normal for any Hondas that I've ever heard of, been driving them for twenty years now. Yikes!

What are you seeing?

J.

Reply to
JXStern
18 months ago we bought an Accord hybrid and Odyssey. Neither has required warranty work. But the headlights on the Accord were terrible until I installed HIR bulbs. Same wattage but almost twice as bright.

Reply to
Art

JXStern wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

these 5 = 1) DRL warning on, replaced relay...2) SRS warning on, relpaced seat belt buckle...3) SES lamp on, MAF code, reset, no reoccurance...4) SES lamp on, 02 code, replaced upstream sensor...5) no dash lamps, no paperwork yet....................kjun

Reply to
Kjun

(20 cars in two months?)

My 2004 would blow a fuse when I tried some cell phone chargers that worked fine in other cars, dealer admited that the lighter/power plug in Accords was "finicky". New charger seemed to fix it, no change to the Accord except new fuses.

Can't say I've seen or heard of a case like yours. Does your fleet include adding any of your own electrical devices? Just wondering.

J.

Reply to
JXStern