v-tech

what does a vtec on my honda actually do, and why so many like them.

Google: Mi amigo, su amigo.
In case you don't want to Google, there's a good collection of info on mine own site: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/vtec.html
The last hyperlink on that page used to go to a really neat animation. I tried it just now and it dosn't want to load. Hopefully that's just temporary...
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

The animation still loads! It just took a long time.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
thanks tegger