Valve Adjustment?

Honda is telling me that I should have them perform a $250 valve adjustment on my 99 Accord V6 in addition to the $780 timing belt replacement that I'm
having done today. The odometer reads 88K miles. Is the valve adjustment really worth $250? Is it something I should attempt myself? (I have always adjusted the valves myself on my old Toyota 4cyl pickup). I told them to hold off on the valve adjustment for now. TIA, M.Paul
The valve adjustment should only cost you a little in labour, alot of duplication when doing the t-belt.
M.Paul wrote:

M.Paul wrote:

What does your owner's manual say? The manual for our '03 Accord says to have the valves adjusted only if they get noisy.
John
M.Paul wrote:

The dealer is trying to screw you.