You Civic Owners. You Accord Owners

My 05 Accord is still running like new, a year after I got it. I have put a lot of miles on it.
I'd like to know from Civic owners if they have done extensive driving
comparisons between Civics and Accords.
Likewise, I'd like to know from Accord owners about Civic experience. I'm wondering if I'll be sorry if I trade/sell my Accord, to get a Civic for daily commute (about 100miles total, daily).
My Accord is fine, and in fact may be 'too much car', though not a huge issue.
Please advise, warn.
Personally, I will not do that. Evereybody wants to buy a compact car like Civic,i.e, you will not get a good deal on Civic. paying more on a new Civic and lose some money on trade (definitely losing). I am wondering how many years( 10 maybe) does it take to save gasoline for your loss. Plus, you also lose the better ride in the next 10 yaers!!
Unless the gas price is constantly > $3 and you will keep it for at least ten years...
He's right. The market has priced in high gasoline (even though it's down at least for the time being). Even my wife's 2003 Ford Explorer...13 MPG...is cheaper to run till it rots, than to take the huge depreciation hit (paid $33,000 and now worth 12,000 4 years later). Even at up to about $4/gallon. Now when we DO get rid of it...2-3 more years....we will definitely not get another gas hog. But in the meantime I would almost bet that the juice to get rid of an Accord, which is pretty good on gas to begin with, to buy an Civic, which is better on gas but not by a quantum leap...would be more than you'd save in fuel costs. Keep on squishin bugs in your Accord and enjoy the Honda quality.

I haven't owned a Civic since the early 90's, but I went through CV joints every 35-45k. I just changed one on my '96 accord because the rubber boot was torn, and it has 178k on it!
Stay with the Accord if you can.
G-Man

Thank you all for your responses, and for the wisdom with which you've imparted.