azautofair.com - changed my oil and oil pressure gauge stopped working

I have a 1995 honda civic. I changed the oil and filter and for some reason the oil pressure gauge stopped working. I don't recall disconnecting anything. Anyone got any ideas?...thx

Reply to
South4t via CarKB.com

I think the sender is right above the filter. Give a feel up there for broken or knocked-off wiring.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"South4t via CarKB.com" wrote in news:66c8b3e5de6bc@uwe:

Gauge or light? The car originally came with a light only. If you have a gauge, it's aftermarket.

A common cause of this is a broken sender unit on account of the use of the wrong kind of oil filter wrench. The sender breaks undernath its boot. You can't see damage until you remove the black rubber boot.

Reply to
TeGGeR®