2001 Elantra adjustments for short drivers

Though I have not been disappointed by the roominess and comfort of the driver's seat, I have not been able to adjust the position of the steering wheel or seat to fit my wife's stature (she is under 5 feet
tall). In order to reach the pedals she sits with her chest almost touching the steering wheel and her elbows bent to grasp it. This worries me every time she takes the car because of the danger of injury if the airbag is deployed. Has anyone already tried a good solution to this problem, or recommend any modifications to the car?
Have you considered pedal extenders?

Yes, I'm open to the idea, but with so many different brands, it's difficult to know which works best at the most reasonable cost. Do you or anyone you know have first-hand experience with it?
Fantine wrote:

No, sorry, I have no first-hand experience. I got curious and did a Google search, and I see they're about $150. Maybe you can return them if they don't work out. They're supposed to be easy to attach and remove, without damaging the OEM.