2002 timing belt

What's the deal with replacing the timing best on a 2002 accent?? I have had it for 41/2 years and there are 65000K on it. When should I start thinking
about replacing it???
Thanks
Mary

Tonight is a good time. Hyundai recommends a new belt at 60k. The cost of having it break is many times the cost of doing it when the manufacturer recommends. Your car has an "interference" engine. That means the valves will hit the pistons if the belt breaks. That means big bucks.
If you have questions, go to www.gates.com