2004 Hyundai Sonota radio antenna

Has anyone experienced problems with the radio antenna. Seems like it works fine and then all of the sudden it catches and jerks when going up or down. I have replaced it twice. I have cleaned and lubricated it and it helps for a short time.

Reply to
BB

We've had no such problems with my wife's '04. Did you replace just the mast, or did you replace the motor too?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

If you haven't tried it yet, use some silicon lube. I have some GM silicon brake grease sitting around and typically use that, but the best I've seen is a product called "Sil-glide."

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

In that case I suspect the drive mechanism is what is faulty. Replace it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow