406 Radio antenna removal

Can anybody tell me how to remove a radio antenna from the roof of a '98 Peugeot 406 Break? There seems to be no regular bolt or screw. Thanks.

Reply to
Peter

tommy williams

Of course, I should have mentioned that I wanted te remove the whole base. > but if you want to remove the base it is bolted from behind the interior > light I already looked behind the interior light, and the inside part of the antenna is there, but... I cannot find a regular bolt. There is some kind of cap mounted on the whole antenna thing, it seems to be pinched or so. Can I just turn the inner part while holding the outer, or will I destroy the roof's paint or the antenna base? And the antenna cable, how is it exactly connected to this base? Can I just pull or is it soldered or something? It is hard to try, because my hands hardly fit into the hole in the ceiling, and I don't want to break anything.

Reply to
Peter

Hi There is a cap, it just pulls off to reveal a 10mm nut. This secures the cable as well as the outside base. Hope this helps

Reply to
Doog

I'll try to pull it off gently tomorrow morning.

You sound pretty sure about the case. Before this, I wouldn't have tried it, worrying about my roof. Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Peter

Hi If I sound sure its because I had to replace the outside base part on my '98

406 estate, and that's how I did it. Being gentle when you pull off the cover inside is always a good idea.
Reply to
Dougie

Reply to
Mindwipe