attn Hyundaitech: fan noise

Hyundaitech,
Is it possible to get at and clean the fans that blow the A/C or heat through the vents on my 02 Sonata GLS? I've noticed in the past year
that it sounds like mine are either gunked up or there is some obstruction.
- Thee Chicago Wolf
I suppose you could do it that way, after removing the dash. All kidding aside, it's far easier to remove the three screws holding the fan in place and lower the fan out of the heater box.

Heh, I guess it must have sounded like I wanted to clean them through the vents but that's not what I literally meant. ha! So is the heater box behind the glove compartment or does this require pulling the dash?
- Thee Chicago Wolf
No. You can access the fan motor directly from underneath. It's held in place by three Phillips screws. You may need to move some wiring out of your way.

Ok, I'll see if I can figure it out then. Thanks.
- Thee Chicago Wolf