Attn: Hyundaitech...Rear Suspension Noise

HT or anyone,

Have you been involved with any of the rear suspension "K-Thunking" problem yet? If so, has it been resolved or at least diagnosed?

On some other forums I monitor, the natives are getting restless!

Many thanks,,,

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I used to have a k-thunk in the rear of my '74 Delta 88...turned out to be the clothes hanger holding up the tail pipe wasn't twisted tight enough.

Just kidding....bet you're talking about the '06 Sonata. My Sonata has NO k-thunk, but I'm sure that Matt will post waxing poetic about the situation.

Reply to
Darby OGill

Had a 2000 Sonata with alot of rear suspension noise. In fact, that year in Consumer Reports they even addressed it as a setback in quality. I took the problem to the Regional Sales Manager for my area because it was so annoying and he decided to give oil filled shocks a try on it. It helped considerably . This may or may not be related to your 2006 Sonata . (only HyundaiTech knows for sure !)

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Are we talking about the 2006 Sonata or something different here?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Just kidding....bet you're talking about the '06 Sonata. My Sonata has NO k-thunk, but I'm sure that Matt will post waxing poetic about the situation.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

what kind of wax do you use to wax a poet?

Reply to
Deck

OOPS! Yes, the 06 Sonata.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I've seen nothing from Hyundai regarding this noise.

Reply to
hyundaitech

This is very disappointing. The Sonata is a great car but it has one rather serious flaw which is preventing me from buying it. The front and rear suspensions are much too noisy. At low speeds, i.e about 20-35 mph, the smallest bumps become quite noticeable and potholes are really loud. I have noticed this on one Sonata 2006 V6 rental and on several test drives of 2006, 4 cylinder models. The V6s appear to be a bit quieter than the 4 cylinder models.

Reply to
pauli