Bad tune-up...

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:14:38 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Thanks, Mike. Shrink it with a blow drier or ? Not sure what you mean by that.

on
wrap.
A blow drier may work - never tried one. I use a cigarette lighter and wave it under the shrink tube until it shrinks completely. Be careful not to get it too hot or it will melt. A quick bit of practice and you'll figure out the right speed and distance to do the job perfectly. If you've never used shrink tubing, you're gonna have a ball. It's one of those simple minds, simple pleasure things - it's just neat to watch it shrink down and conform to the item inside it.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

blow dryer if it's warm enough, heat gun much better. Lighters and torches work if you are **very** carefull. I'd try a high intensity lamp before a flame. The quartz lamps put out quite a bit of rdiant heat. A reflector like a piece of foil will block heat from other plastic while the tube shrinks.