tune up

i have a max with 64,000 miles. i want to know what is normally changed in a tune up. sparks, blets, ect. i changed

-all fluids

-all filters, execpt gas filter

i appreciate any help.

Reply to
lillou771

The two nissan dealers near me offer slightly different services at 60K. I would suggest getting the service menu from your local dealer. IIRC, your owners manual also lists a general guideline as to what should be done.

That said, the plat plugs are not necessary at 60K. Nissan may suggest an induction service in addition to what you have done. They also will inspect all systems and lubricate the chassis

Reply to
Naxray

What year Maxima do you have?

Regardless of that info, at 60k it would be worthwhile to change the belt (both accessory and power-steering), fuel filter, PCV valve, rotate tires, if you have a 95-99 Maxima, also change the plugs (use NGK platinums, every 60k).

Other things things to inspect:

- Brakes

- Tires

- CV boots

- Tie-rod ends/steering boots

- If you battery is more than 5 yrs old, pop in a new battery (This is just preventative maintenance IMO).

- Alignment (if the tires are wearing unevenly)

Reply to
njmodi

thanks that what i was looking for, i have a 2000 maxima

Reply to
lillou771

I think the 2k+ Maximas have a spark-plug change interval of 100k - so you should be fine in that respect.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

and the fuel filter is listed as a "non-serviceable" item by Nissan.

Reply to
Naxray

Naxray, you are correct in that the 5th Gen fuel filters are "non-serviceable", but it can still be replaced (although that may be unnecessary). My comments really apply to the 4th Gen where the fuel filter is located along the firewall in the engine bay.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi