Should I get a tune up?

My 03 Tundra has 14km. Km-wise it is not due for a tune-up but the last tune-up was about 7 months ago. Should I wait until the KMs are closer to the due-number or take it in now because it's been more than 6 months?

TIA, David Todtman

Reply to
David Todtman

What exactly do you mean by 'tune up'?

...Allen

Reply to
Allen L.

There is no such thing as a "tune up". Just read the book that came with the car and follow the service schedule items.

At about 80 to 100 km you might need to change the plugs and wires. Once a year change the air filter & change the oil and oil filter at scheduled times. That is just about all a modern vehicle needs other than air pressure tire checks.

Less frequently, changing the coolant, flushing the brake fluid and transmission fluid and filter are called for. Again, check the recommended schedule in that little book.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard