Check Engine light at 36000 miles

Page 2 of 2
Guncho wrote:

Really? It doesn't get any tighter after the first click, at least not unless the cap is defective. You do know what the clicks are from, right?
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

If you only tighten my '99 Hyundai Accent gas cap to one click, I 100% guarantee you the Check Engine Light will come on.
Chris
Guncho wrote:

I'd say you need a new gas cap then as it sounds like the clutch is defective. Personally, I think you'd have to work hard to get only one click. I give mine a good twist and typically get 3-4 clicks naturally, but the first one should be enough if the cap is in good shape.
Matt