Class Action Lawsuit Files againt Hyundai Motor America for Faulty OCS Systems in 2004/2005 Elantras

Page 1 of 2
"Girard Gibbs and De Bartolomeo LLP" and "Stueve, Siegel, Hanson, Woody LLP" file for Class Action Status a case Vs. Hyuandai Motor America, Inc.
regarding faulty OCS systems in 2004 and 2005 Hyundai Elantras.
http://www.girardgibbs.com http://www.sshwlaw.com
Questions regarding this case should be directed to Norm Siegel snipped-for-privacy@sshwlaw.com.
Forgive the spelling errors.
Also a shamless plug: http://www.elantraairbag.com/
Timothy A. Roy wrote:

<plonk!>
Another loser helping to fill the pockets of attorneys at the expense of the consumer. Thanks for nothing!
I feel bad for you if you wouldn't take action to fix a problem putting your love ones in danger.

whats this problem? ive never heard of any such problems from any elantra oweners...

Why should one feel bad about one's loved one's when the problem is that the government shysters forced a second rate system (airbags) onto the public when a much better answer (5 way seat harness) on to the public? On the other hand I do feel bad about the unelected shyters scamming the elected one's all at the expense of the general public. It is especially galling when the issue is the workings of an automatic system that should be a simple dashboard switch that anyone capable of driving a car should be able to understand.
One thing that I really wonder about is why Hyundai? Are their sensors different of are they the generic sensor that everyone is using? Perceived easy target? Or is it that Hyundai is not encumberd by the high legal bills of the big 3 for shoddy engineering so they are targeted to drive up their costs? The lawyer site did not specify.
nothermark
children should not be in a front seat ever....

It's not about children in the front seat. Full grown adults aren't activating the system and thats the problem.

they must be pretty light if theyre not activating the systems, this is 1st time ive ever heard of this air bag isssue. if it says air bag off than i would ask them to sit in the back.

what is all adults are the same weight who are you going to choose to die in case of an acccident, then they should not charge for air bags and let you decide if it is worth it to buy a car that does not rely on its safety issues to prevent an injury, that is why we buy these cars in the 1st place, for SAFETY!!!!!
Your bank WILL do replacement. Offering you a new vehicle is what most manufacturers will NOT do. Figure it out!
who do i need to contact at bamk of america because all the phone reps do not know what is a collateral swap!!!
beto1217 wrote:

Has it occurred to you to go to a branch in person and get some straight answers? Or if you MUST do this by phone, ask the rep to let you speak with their supervisor and work your way up the chain until you get some answers. Really, do you need someone to hold your hand every step of the way?
I just did and they sent me to call loan services.......lets see what they tell me.....
beto1217 wrote:

Speak for yourself, oh paranoid one!
I buy my cars for TRANSPORTATION.
Anyone who RELIES on passive safety features is a fool. Why is it that some people freak out and assume that a malfuntioning airbag means INSTANT DEATH! While it's true that airbags can save lives under SOME conditions, simply wearing seat belts saves far more lives that airbags ever will. To listen to some people, you'd wonder how we ever survived before the advent of airbags.
If you want to be safe, don't drive. Since you don't appear to be the risk taking type, driving is probably the most dangerous thing you do in a given day. You'd be better off taking public transportation. If you really want to be safer when you drive, go to a good driving school and learn how it's supposed to be done. Knowing the limits of your vehicle and how to handle difficult situations properly will make you - and your passengers - FAR safer than any airbag.
I must take issue on the safety point. If the system doesn't activate because it doesn't sense the front seat passenger, a message is displayed on the dash which reads "Passenger Air Bag Off." The safety issue occurs whenever the driver continues to drive with a passenger in that seat with the message displayed, and then expects that the air bag will deploy in a collision. That's stupidity.
Convenience and aggravation issue, yes. Safety issue, no.
yeah but when you have an adult who is 110 lbs he or she is big enough to be detected by the sensor, now where does it say how much weight can you put in it , so why dont the add a weight scale on a sode step to determine where you will be seated??? duhhh...
beto1217 wrote:

Why don't you use capitalization, punctuation, read and correct what you type before you post, so people can understand what you're trying to say?
The sensor will sometimes not pick up someone seated in the passenger's seat, particularly if they're sitting with their legs crossed or their feet on the dash or if they're reclining. It happens with my girlfriend, who's 115#. If the light comes on, she readjusts her position in the seat until it goes off. Problem solved.