Clunking when gently braking

I have a 2007 Entourage. After driving slowly from a dead stop and then gently braking there is sometimes a clunking noise and vibration in the brake pedal. This happened infrequently in the past, but now happens several
times a week. The local garage mechanic checked the brakes and found nothing wrong. I`m wondering if the ABS is going on the fritz. If anyone can offer a suggestion as to what might be wrong, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks,
Indrek Aavisto
--
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 11:11:21 PM UTC-4, Indrek wrote:

Is this an issue that needs to be fixed if I am willing to tolerate the occasional clunking? If I were to take the van to the dealer what sort of cost would I be looking at?
Thanks
Indrek Aavisto
--
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series
That all depends on whether I'm correct and if so, how much the condition affects the actual braking. You should have this checked to find out what the problem is and the potential hazards. Once you know that, you can make a better decision.