Daytime running lights are very dim on '03 Santa Fe

I have to drive with full headlights on, because if I leave them off, the daytime running lights on my 2003 santa fe are not the dark, they only glow a dim red...getting very low
voltage.....regular low/high beams are fine when switch is on....suggestions?