Gloves

I can't seem to find the thread on this from my machine here, but as promised, these are the best gloves IMO to use for your automobile work.
http://tinyurl.com/jvleb
I'm pretty sure that anyone can order from them (Lab Safety), but not 100% sure. If not, or even if you can, they can probably be found cheaper somewhere on the Internet.
Good luck. Eric

Thanks Eric.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

You're welcome. Just to add, I cehcked the last invoice we have here at work, and we only paid $12/box. So we may be getting some kind of company discount here or something, but the receipt doesn't really show that.
Eric
I've used Nitrile gloves for auto work for a number of years. I'm located in Illinois and purchase mine at a local Blain's Farm & Fleet store. Farm & Fleet is a Wisconsin-based company with 33 stores in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. Their stores are sort of a combination Wal-Mart and Home Depot - without the lumber - with a farming bent! They have an excellent auto and tire department. But, the Nitrile gloves - the SyrVet brand - are available in their Animal Husbandry Department (yep, along with the vet meds and milking supplies!). Price is around $10 for a box of 100.

That does seem a bit more reasonable than the $28 they are showing on the web site I posted. Thanks.
Eric
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:50:22 GMT, "Eric G."

More reasonable is the word. I get mine through Grainger for $10-$13 for a box of 100. The $13 ones are better than the $10 variety as they usually will take a better beating than the cheaper ones.
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:50:22 GMT, "Eric G."

Nitrile gloves are prety common. Try any medical, laboratory, or cleaning supply company. Food handlers may have them too if you live in a state with a glove law for food handlers.

You can also buy them at some grocery stores and Wal-mart. they come in packs of 10 for less than $2. Good for the weekend mechanic.

hey, good old Wal-Mart! what section? I must have missed it, I thought I knew just about every isle. I was just looking at eBay, but after shipping, they don't seem as cheap.
I've been using regular medical clear ones, but they tear easily.

At our local one they had them in the mops and brooms section. $1.34 a pack. That's where all the cleaning gloves were.