mechanics gloves

For many years I have used latex or nitrile gloves for most work, I tried snap on mechanics gloves which are thin leather and although great at first they quickly got holed or soaked. But now I think I have found the answer for heavier work without losing too much feel.

In Costco they have started to sell boxes of gloves called 'contour avenger' they are a sort of knitted nylon with a thin covering of some rubber like stuff over the palm and fingers.

They seem to be really tough, fit snugly and yet are comfy and you can feel well, in addition your hands don't get wet with sweat.

At about 14 quid for a box of ten pairs they are not too cheap, but seem to be worth it, and of course with the costco guarantee if they are crap they will go back for a full refund. 4 different sizes too.

I have mainly been lugging chipboard around today using them and no tears, latex or nitrile don't last a second on chipboard!

One of my own cars went through the MoT test today: three bulbs out and a hole in the exhaust which gave a lambda error, all fixed for me while I was there, what lovely chaps they are, and no charge (except the MoT)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

They sound a bit like standard builder's gloves.

I find these ok for most things - although like with any gloves not brilliant for handling small nuts etc. On the car, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

very similar in appearance to those, but those look bulky, whereas these fit closely. I have just done a quick test and found that I can pick up/feel thin 5mm washers from flat metal surfaces easily and pick up and handle 5mm nuts with no problem, as a bizarre aside I have just realised that I am typing easily with them on. So far top marks, tomorrow's test will involve a late Mondeo diesel for a full service.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

No - they're a good fit. No problems using power tools etc.

Luckily I don't suffer from allergies etc so rarely use gloves. Only for some gardening - like pulling out nettles.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi Mr Cheerful,

Just picked up your comments regarding the Contour Avenger gloves. Thanks for the co= mpliments - they're our gloves and as you say, they've just gone on sale through Costc= o - where they are selling them so much cheaper than comparable gloves through the lik= es of Arco etc. where they are about =C2=A33 - =C2=A34 a pair. Thanks for your endorsement. Best regards,

Paul Tornado Gloves Limited

url:

Paul Muranyi