Good Auto Repair Books?

I'm not very good at auto repair since I grew up with older brothers who fix all the cars.
So, are there any good books for new people to auto repair out there?
Anything that covers brake replacement, starter replacement, etc..?
Thanks.
Von Fourche wrote:

I have a library nearby so sometimes I go there and check out books on the subject since I like to read about it. If I have to work on a car that is new to me I do an intra- library search on line and have specific books sent to my local library for pick up. Hyundai / Kia is bit different in that they have free online service manuals. Most mfgs charge hundreds of dollars for that info. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/default.asp

I've fixed a few things, and saved a couple hundred in labor costs, just based on Hyundai's free http://hmaservice.com . Was it worth it? In terms of my time and dollars, no. But in terms of feeling a bit more of a connection between myself and the machine I operate daily, maybe.

My brothers have always changed brakes, starters, radiators, rotors, belts, and things like that. Not repair transmissions or complete break down and rebuild of engines. Belts, air filters, starters, brakes, rotors, water pump, radiator, and other things. That what I want books for - to learn to do those things. Also I would not mind changing shocks if that is not too hard. Yeah, I would like to learn enough to fix most things myself.
My Hyundai had to have its rotors replaced and that's what one of my brothers did a few weeks ago with a cousin who worked at a junk yard for many years and knows how to take a car apart and put it back together again. I did watch most of what they did and tried to learn.
My cousin fixed my sisters car (Chevy I think) - it needed head gaskets replaced and he and my brother did it, and the car runs like it used to run, nicely now.