Identifying '95 Elantra Motor

How can you tell the difference between the 1.6 and 1.8 by looking at the 2. I just bought a '95, went to change the plugs. I bought Autolite #64 plugs but 63's are in there....when I put the 64's in the car ran
like crap, so I'm wondering if the motor has been swapped....Thanks...
try NGK plugs.. Hyundai's dont like autolites..;-)
Pete..

There are very few visually identifiable differences. The best you could probably do is to find a stamp on the head casting which says either 1.6 or 1.8.
I'm with Pete, though. I doubt it's the motor. They all took the same plugs.