Power Locks Rear Latch No Work

'99 Accent
When I open the drivers door I can hear the rear latch trying to unlock, but it doesn't work. Is this difficult to fix?
It's not a big deal but it's a bit of a pain having to turn the car off
to open it with the key.
Chris
The difficulty of repair depends on the actual problem. The hatch cover comes off fairly easily. Go ahead and take it off and see what the problem is. It may be nothing more than a loose screw for the solenoid.
hyundaitech wrote:

I'm not very mechanically minded.
Maybe I'll wait til it's warmer out.
:)
Chris

I had a 98 sonata with the same problem, turns out it was a bad door switch (where the release switch is located on a sonata) it appears there's no relay powering the rear solenoid. its a direct switch. prying out the switch and closing the connector wires manually will tell you quickly if its a bad switch. if it is, you can possibly open the switch, and clean out the contacts. The sonats carry a thick cable since no relay is used.
I had a 98 sonata with the same problem, turns out it was a bad door switch (where the release switch is located on a sonata) it appears there's no relay powering the rear solenoid. its a direct switch.
Prying out the switch and closing the two connector wires manually will tell you quickly if its a bad switch. if it is, you can possibly open the switch, and clean out the contacts. or just get a new one at the dealer.
The sonatas carry a thick cable, since no relay is used. a loose conncetion on the conact switch will have a volateg drop, and thus, semi latching sound of the solenod.
I have also noticed bad contacts on the electric mirrors switches. I have already replaced the drives side that controls all four.