Push Button Start?

I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. I can turn an ignition key to the right to start my car, but it's painful for me to turn it to the left to turn the car off. Does anybody know if I can add an after-market push button start to my 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE? That would solve my problem. Thanks.

Reply to
Fantine

Use your left hand

Reply to
Irwell

Have YOU ever tried to use your left hand to turn an ignition key?

Reply to
Fantine

One of those places that pimps out rides could probably do it. Make sure you pack some heat before going into the neighborhood. Otherwise, keep a cheap pair of pliers nearby and use it to grasp the key. Turn the key using your shoulder while keeping your wrist rigid.

Reply to
dsi1

Yes. I had an epicondylectomy on my right arm several years ago, became fairly ambidextrous, so using my left hand is very easy.

Reply to
Irwell

Yes, but it was a VERY unusual situation.... But in the end, she was right.

Reply to
Matthew Fedder

If you had a push button to start the car you would still have to turn the ignition off to stop the engine unless you had another on/off switch fitted to cut the electrical power to stop the engine.

Reply to
John Schofield

"John Schofield" wrote

Depends on the system. The newer cars have a RF transmitter and you only have to be in the proximity of the car to unlock and start it. Push the button to start, push the same button to stop. Never take the key out of your pocket. I think you don't even have to shut it off, just walk away until the TX is out of range, about 20 feet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
zayton

Sure. And to shift gears, as well. (But that was in Higy School and my right hand was otherwise occupied)

((and no, not doing that....))

Reply to
zayton