Push Button Start?

I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. I can turn an ignition key to the right to start my car, but it's painful for me to turn it to the left to turn the car off. Does anybody know if I can
add an after-market push button start to my 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE? That would solve my problem. Thanks.
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:42:28 -0700 (PDT), Fantine wrote:

Use your left hand

Have YOU ever tried to use your left hand to turn an ignition key?
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 13:24:01 -0700 (PDT), Fantine wrote:

Yes. I had an epicondylectomy on my right arm several years ago, became fairly ambidextrous, so using my left hand is very easy.

Yes, but it was a VERY unusual situation.... But in the end, she was right.
Fantine wrote:

Fantine wrote:

Sure. And to shift gears, as well. (But that was in Higy School and my right hand was otherwise occupied)
((and no, not doing that....))
On 6/6/2010 9:57 AM, Irwell wrote:

One of those places that pimps out rides could probably do it. Make sure you pack some heat before going into the neighborhood. Otherwise, keep a cheap pair of pliers nearby and use it to grasp the key. Turn the key using your shoulder while keeping your wrist rigid.
On 06/06/2010 21:38, dsi1 wrote:

If you had a push button to start the car you would still have to turn the ignition off to stop the engine unless you had another on/off switch fitted to cut the electrical power to stop the engine.

Depends on the system. The newer cars have a RF transmitter and you only have to be in the proximity of the car to unlock and start it. Push the button to start, push the same button to stop. Never take the key out of your pocket. I think you don't even have to shut it off, just walk away until the TX is out of range, about 20 feet.