Re: Santa Fe rear washer spray

It is intended to come down in a stream like you describe.

Yep. My 01 Works that way too!

that's plain dumb. why doesn't it spray???

Probably because most of the fluid would get blown away [at higher speeds] if it was a spray pattern.
Never been a problem with previous cars that sprayed. They were usually good below 75 mph or so.
Besides, a lot of what just runs down the back window is missed by the wiper on the Santa Fe and is wasted. Not a great design.
Thanks to all that replied.
Regards, Jon

Yeah, I have noticed that the wiper doesn't move over fast enough to catch the water. Oh well...

speeds]
I've overcome this "problem" by turning the washer spray on and off 2-3 times. That way, the wiper will get enough washer fluid to do the whole window. Good luck!

but the point is- we shouldn't HAVE TO do that...
This is the rear nozzle upgrade for 1997-1998 CR-Vs with nozzles that seem to just produce a drip of water down the rear hatch window.
It can also be used to replace the front nozzles as well.
This new updated nozzle from the 99-01 CR-Vs will produce a fan spray that provides better coverage.
PN # is 76810-S10-A01 http://www.drivah.com/marketplace/product_info.php/cPath/1_6_9/products_id/166?osCsid 542fff66a94b60b25dffb2d94594e3 I have experienced the same problem myself with a 2004 but you can get a fix from these folks.
0-%/Z[4\^GX<O_P`BQG__V0`` ` end