Remote Lock, Horn answer back (HYUNDAITECH??)

I remember reading that the new Sonata could be set to have the horn beep when the car is locked with the remote. But the dealers tech is telling me
that it can't be done. Is he correct? Thanks

Partner wrote:

I'm not sure about the Sonata, but if you press the lock button twice on an Elantra remote, the car chirps back in addition to flashing the lights.
Brian, I went out and checked, and my Sonata does also!!! Wonder why the tech didn't just tell me it worked that way? He must not have know either. I looked in the owners manual and it doesn't say anything about beeping, just says press once and the lights flash. Thanks for letting me in on this secret.
--

"Brian Nystrom" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

body electrical, BCM. Print the screen, and take it to the dealer. Or, offer to show the tech how to change it.
the feature you want is the one where it beeps on the second press of the lock button right, and not beeping for each pressing.. Actually the sales person who sold me the car told me about this feature. He infact pointed out an advantage. If the horn does not sound when you press the lock button the second time (within 4 secs) then either the trunk or 1 of the doors are not closed properly. I always make it a point to use the second press to confirm things are closed... I think the lights also don't blink however if you are walking away you won't notice that... Regards Vineeth
message

On my remote ('06 Sonata LX V6) there is the button to lock (with the horn), unlock (with the horn) and another silent button for locking and unlocking, without the horn chirping.
Shaman

That's a lot of buttons. My '07 only has the single for each, double hit for the horn. I don't have the horn working though as I use the remote from the remote starter and the horn got lost. I don't care because I don't lock the doors anyway and I don't need a horn to let everyone else know what is going on.

Shaman
If your Sonata is like my 2005 XG350L when you hit the button the first time it locks the doors, when you hit the button the second time it chirps ( in my case ) and ACTIVATES the ALARM SYSTEM it has nothing to do with locking the doors with or without the horn
']['unes