Remote lock mechanism failure

A few weeks ago my brothers '01 Impreza had a dead battery. After recharging and driving the battery failed again. Today after replacing the battery I heard a constant clicking coming from behind the fuse panel. After feeling around, the source of the clicking was determined to be the remote lock control box. I have disconnected the box to prevent battery drain. The clicking is caused by a relay switching states every 2 seconds. Is this most likely a failure remote lock control panel or something else? Has any one had problems with this and know if there are any user-servisable parts in the panel?

Thanks, Brian '04 OBW

Reply to
Brian K. M.

never have had that, but there is a master reset procedure did you try that?

Reply to
A7N8X-X

Maybe the dog was chewing on the remote :)

Reply to
NitroTrike

You need to re-program the remotes.

Florian