removing engine 2008 sonata

removing engine on my 2008 sonata with 2.4 do I have to remove sub frame can be done with out remove sub frame can any one help

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:18:00 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

I haven't personally pulled the engine out the top, but I believe it can be done. You'll probably need to remove the pulleys and at least some of the drive accessories (water pump, alternator, a/c compressor, power steering pump).
If you have access to a lift, it's really quite easy to drop the whole subf rame out the bottom with the engine and transmission still on it. You can easily disconnect the engine/trans harness from the junction block. Once e verything else (fuel, coolant, a/c lines, exhaust, etc.) is disconnected, s imply lower the vehicle on something which will support the subframe, remov e the subframe attaching bolts (you'll obviously need to disconnect some su spension components and undo anything connected to the subframe and the bod y) and raise the vehicle, leaving the car in the air and the engine/trans o n the subframe where it'll be easy to work on.