2008 Sonata with 2.4. Timing belt or chain?

Subject says it all. The Gates Timing Belt manual that I have, does not list a the Sonata with a 2.4 having a belt starting with 2006.

Does this mean that it is a chain?

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Kirk Matheson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The new 2.4 engine starting with 2006 has a chain.

Reply to
Bob Babskie

Thanks. After having gone through the expense of changing the belt on two of my cars, it's nice to know that this is one I won't have to do.

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson