santa fe electronic shift

I just had the hvac control replaced and now the car won't shift gears smoothly when the ac is on. the "system" lite on the dash goes on and wont
go off until I turn the ac and the engine off. sometimes it just doesn't go off for a long while. Are they related(AC and the poor shifting)? It is a 2001. Thanks--Leon
leonc wrote:

What is the "system" light?
sorry bout that--it was the malfunction indicator light(MIL) that stays on
Chances are it has absolutely nothing to do with your a/c. I'd suspect an input or output speed sensor or something similar. You'll be able to find out more by checking the diagnostic trouble codes in the engine and trans computers.
you were "right on".it was the output sensor(under warranty)! Thanks for the "heads up" Leon
Once again, the selectronic shifting is out of whack. Sometimes it only stays in 2nd and 3rd. I've had a new sensor put in but every once in a while it will kick back to 2nd and 3rd only.Any thoughts?