shift/control rod

I have a 95 probe recently pulled the motor and tranny out of it (2.0) and noticed i am leaking tranny fluid somewhere around what the
chilton refers to as a shift control rod. there's a boot on it with a hole that was facing upwards i turned it down and a bunch of fluid came out of it. i was thinking this might need changed or something and both chilton's i have don't speak to this procedure. any suggestions would be welcomed,
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.