Sonata rear bumper

I recently purchased a 2004 sonata ad just noticed that someone must have tapped my rear bumper in a parking lot. I was very surprised to see that the impact caused the plstic flex on the
top side and create stress cracks. Anyone know of a way to DIY this w/o having to replace the entire bumper?
Most likely, the damage is to the bumper cover only. Chances of getting a good diy job are poor. You may need to putty and sand, and it's difficult to get the paint to stick to the bumper cover. This type of work is left to someone who is *very* experienced with and knowledgable about the procedures required to not have problems.
Just wait till someone really rear ends you good, and then their insurance will cover it.