Sonata top speed?

Page 3 of 3
wrote:
Mike, you, Edwin, and Rob should get jobs as sitcom writers. You guy are funny as hell. Keep them coming, we all could use the laugh Regards, Robert

I've had mine up close (wasn't watching the spedo as much as the road) to 130 along Alligator Alley in Florida. Following a Porche for about 10 miles, dropped back down to 80.. then followed a Audi at a steady 115-120 for another 10.. dropped back down. I did a few 70 to 115 WOT burns.. finally came to the west end of the alley and here's the Porche, Audi, and a few other cars.. all pulled over with about 7 state troopers. I just cruised pass and counted my blessings.
I burned half a tank of gas on that 75 mile stretch. The car is 'fast' but, my take on it is it doesn't have the tires, brakes or front end to handle that sort of speed. (or economy!)
I still have an issue with the front end, namely either the tires, rims or rotors. When the brakes are hot, stopping/slowing hard I can feel modulation in the front, and this is after the dealer replaced the car once, then the front tires and rims. I personally think the 16" wheels are better suited for the car than the 17" rims on my LX. I had a loaner GLS and it rode entirely differently.

But it is rated at 30 MPG :)
wrote in message

He must have the model with the 5 gallon gas tank.