Boxter Top Speed

I have a stock 2001 Boxter tiptronic and the other day I got it to 130 mph with no problem. However, I looked at the tach and it was right at the 7000 rpm redline. I've read other places where these will go at least 145 - 150. Is it because it's an automatic? Has anyone else gotten more out of the same car or do I have to have a stick or an S to get those numbers?

Reply to
John Riley

What gear were you in? Sounds like you still had another gear left.

Reply to
Paddington