Towing With An Accent

I know Hyundai doesn't rate the Accent for towing, at least that I've been able to discover. Yet you can buy trailer hitches for it. There are any number of small tent trailers that are advertised as being towable by any small car and even large motorcycles. One 450 lb unit, the Aliner Alite, is even shown behind a Smart car. Can you tow a trailer that small with an Accent?

Reply to
Raoul

My Toyota Yaris is rated to pull 600 lbs, which is probably equivalent to your Accent's capacity. 600 lbs is fine for pulling my small 4X6 utility trailer loaded with household junque down to the county collection center two miles from my house.

The problem with traveling is it's not just you and, perhaps, another person, along with the Alite. It's all the stuff you'll bring along on the trip. I know when the wife and I go on a trip we take our Buick Century, rather than the Yaris. My wife fills the trunk full, then the back seat, up nearly to the roof. That's a lot of added weight, even for the Century.

I think you would need a car at least as large as the Elantra to pull a small pop up trailer and your gear on a road trip.

Reply to
Michael Golden

look at

gr Wubje

Reply to
wout345

I towed with a very heavy Polish Accent once. Had a hell of a time at toll booths.

Reply to
CBX2

Dzien dobry. Jak sie masz? , Jak duzo jest do pobierania oplat za przejazd? Czy istnieje miejsce do jedzenia w poblizu.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mówi? angielski (j?zyk angielski) odurzony.

Reply to
CBX2

Uwielbiam t?umaczyc' za pomoca; Google, poniewaz. moge; ledwo mówisz po angielsku, never mind Polski

Reply to
Raoul

Easy for you to say...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

All is possible with Google.

In any event, I've decided to go with an Elantra. It's only about $2.5K more and the way I drive, the ABS will come in handy.

Reply to
Raoul