what is sonata MPG?

I'm in the market for a late model used car, so, since I've heard a lot of media coverage of Hyundai's growing popularity, I'd thought I'd check it out.
However, I'm not too impressed w/ sonata.
does the 2005 sonata really have 19 mpg city? that sounds ridiculous because my 94 honda accord has at least 23 mpg city. And it's not even v6.
can anyone respond to this?
maybe I should get an elantra.
<<can anyone respond to this?>>
Hyundai actually claims 20mpg for the 6cyl/AT, and 24mpg for both the 4cyl/AT and 4cyl/Manual
Honda claims 20mpg for the 6cyl/AT, and 24mpg for the 4cyl/AT, and 26mpg for the 4cyl/Manual
Doesn't seem like much difference to me...
John Cowart (not a Hyundai or Honda owner)
My 2003 GLS V6 gets 30 HWY if I keep it under 70 MPH. Never checked it in town. My former 1999 Four got 33 same speed. bill
--

< snipped-for-privacy@usa.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
My wife is averaging between 21 and 23 city in her 06 Sonata 6 cyl (per the trip computer) I've heard that that can be off a bit, to date we have not done any real highway snipped-for-privacy@usa.com wrote: