XG300 OBD code 0115

Hi Group, I'm getting an 0115 error ( malfunction in the engine cooling system control circuit) on my 2001 3L V6. Vehicle runs fine, temp gauge sits exactly where it should & it takes a week or 2 to reset the code once cleared. Any ideas?
Thanks, Barry C in BC PS; Also has anyone tried aftermarket performance front rotors on this car?

The coolant temperature sensor in question reports to the engine control module (ECM), not the temperature gauge, so the temperature gauge gives you no information on how the sensor is reading. In most cases, the problem is with the coolant temperature sensor itself, but I have seen a few cases where the thermostat was stuck open.